The year 2015 for me, brought on many great opportunities, great learning experiences, and lots of personal growth lessons; but, that does not mean that I didn’t shed a few tears here and there. Although it felt more like bad times than good, I somehow managed to survive the madness of it all. In addition, I would like to add that maybe it’s because I’m in my 20s that I felt some type of way this year. You see, when you’re in your 20s I felt that my life would be all figured out. However, I have learned that you never stop learning. Yes, life will hit you with the unexpected but at the end of the day what matters is your attitude towards those situations. Do you just sit there and let those problems take over you? Or do you lift your spirits and realize what a bad ass you can be? So here are 8 tips of wisdom from this wanderer trying to make the most of what I got and appreciate the things that I cannot change.
1) Remember, you have the power to move on and do something about it.
2) Reach out to people and ask for help when you need it. Yes you may be a super hero, but every know and then, even super heroes have their squad when they need that extra boost.
3) Surround yourself with people who push and inspire you to be your best. Get rid of the negative people who constantly bring you down and don’t believe in you. You don’t need that kind of energy surrounding you.
4) If someone compliments on how great you look, take it and thank them. Don’t do the opposite and downgrade your worth by saying, “oh I’m not cute”. Stop that! Realize how amazing you are and it will do wonders.
5) When an opportunity comes along the way that will help take you to the next level of your goals—take it! Those who truly care about you will understand and will want what is best for you. Yes, you will be missed at your current place but if you don’t worry about yourself—no one will. I rather you take a chance than regret not trying at all.
6) Believe in the power of your dreams, goals, and aspirations. Make sure to reach out to those in the field you wish to be a part of and keep knocking on doors (even if one door closes). Eventually, the right door will open and that could bring endless possibilities.
7) Rejection is a part of life and it happens to the best of us. It doesn’t mean that you fail at life. Instead look at it as a growing opportunity. Look at what aspect of your life you can improve on and take action to do better!
8) And just like my Instagram post on @ageemac, “Promise me that you will not let your youth go to waste. Travel anywhere, ask questions, challenge the status quo, help your neighbor, and lastly, be confident in yourself.”
So there you have it. I hope this will inspire you, motivate you, and realize that life is not so bad. So know, take these words and make the best of the upcoming 2016 year!
I wish you all the best and nothing but greatness in all your current and future endeavors!